Study abroad in Rome! Imagine yourself studying law amongst some of the greatest historical landmarks in the world – the same places as emperors and kings once stood. This year's program features United States Supreme Court Justice Samuel Anthony Alito, Jr. as a guest lecturer.
Rome Program: June 17 - July 15, 2017
Jump to: Accommodations | Program Participation Checklist | Important Addresses
The study abroad program offers unique learning opportunities to law students that will help them:
- Learn first-hand about the Italian government and European Union.
- Gain a deeper understanding of comparative and international law and business culture.
- Talk with representatives from private law firms, banks and corporations about law and business in Italy.
This program is available through a special agreement, Widener Law Commonwealth students may participate in Loyola University Chicago Law School’s Rome Center Campus program.
The agreement with Loyola Chicago provides all of the benefits and opportunities of the Loyola Chicago study abroad program to Widener Law Commonwealth students. Students will have the choice to take classes for a grade or credit/no credit. Admissions requirements and cost of the program at Widener Law Commonwealth will be the same as the program at Loyola Chicago.
Students will stay at Loyola Rome Center of Liberal Arts, located on Monte Mario. The campus is conveniently located about twenty minutes from downtown Rome by public transportation.
Faculty and administrative offices
Recreation/ exercise rooms and basketball court
Click here for additional details about studying in Rome (PDF).
Program Participation Checklist
A 2.3 cumulative GPA is required for any Widener Law Commonwealth student interested in participating in this program.
- Complete a Dean's Action Request Form and submit the completed form to the Director of Student Affairs.
- After the request has been approved, contact the Widener Law Commonwealth Financial Aid Office to discuss Financial Aid options and important deadlines.
- Complete Loyola's study abroad application online and mail the non-refundable application fee of $600 to the the address below. The deadline for applications is March 1, 2017.
- Request a Letter of Good Standing from the Registrar's Office.
- Loyola must receive full payment, including housing, tuition and fees no later than April 3, 2017, or an approved Consortium Agreement/Financial Aid Award.
- Upon completion of the Rome Program, request an official transcript from Loyola online or by submitting a written request to the address below. Rome Program official transcripts must be received by the Widener Law Commonwealth's Registrar's Office by November 1, 2017.
Study Law Abroad Programs
Attention: Dean Gaspardo/ Giselle Santibanez-Bania
Loyola University Chicago School of Law
25 East Pearson Street – Room 1227
Chicago, IL 60611
Loyola University Chicago
Records and Registration
820 N. Michigan Ave., Room 504
Chicago, IL 60611
Be sure to provide your name, address, last 4 digits of your social security number, reference to Study Law Abroad Program and the program location and year.