Course reserves are items put on reserve by a professor for temporary use usually for a specific current semester course. Such items can then be checked out from the Reserve Desk for the period of time dictated by the professor’s request.
|Course Reserves Loan Period (Specified by Professor)
||In library use only
|Library use only
||Items must be used in library for up to 8 hours
||Items may be checked out of library and returned next day
|3-day or 7-day loan
||Items may be checked out of library
For Faculty and Adjunct Professors
For additional information and guidance, please review the Copyright & Fair Use resources provided in collaboration with Widener University and its policies.
Placing Materials on Reserve
- Instructors may place personal or Library materials on reserve for the current semester when a course is taught.
- Instructors must fill out the Library Reserves Request Form and submit electronically. Personal materials should be brought to Susan Giusti. Please allow adequate time for processing.
- Copyright restrictions apply. Librarians can assist with determining if material requires copyright permission. Copyrighted material can be used on reserves without permission for one semester only. Permission from the publisher will be required for any subsequent uses of the material.
- If the library does not own a desired book, you may request a "rush" order to be placed for acquisition. 2-6 weeks may be needed for this process. Please discuss acquisition requests with Susan Giusti.
- Items that cannot be placed on Reserve:
- Photocopies which do not meet "fair-use" guidelines
- Articles from the Harvard Business Review
- Interlibrary Loan Books and Videos / Materials from other libraries
- Rental Materials
- Reference Books (except with Reference Department approval)
- Bound or current periodical (except by approval of Librarian)
- Personal copies of books or other materials may be placed on reserve. The Library will take all normal precautions for the safety of personal items but cannot be responsible for abuse or loss of materials by students.
- All materials will be removed from reserve at the end of each semester and returned to stacks and items owned by instructors will be returned to the instructor. Renewal for the following semester must be requested prior to the end of the course.
Please direct any Reserves questions to Susan Giusti.