12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Susquehanna Township High School
3500 Elmerton Avenue
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Rescheduled: Martin Luther King, Jr. National Day of Service
*Due to anticipated inclement weather this event has been rescheduled to 2/24/19.
On Monday, January 21, 2019, Widener University Commonwealth Law School will honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s life and legacy by participating in a national day of service.
Please join us at Susquehanna Township High School for an opening ceremony, followed by a morning of community building and volunteerism. Service projects include, but are not limited to:
- Decorating lunch bags for Meals on Wheels
- Making greeting cards for local children's hospitals
- Assembly of classroom school supply kits
- Assembly of food donations for local schools
- Organizing/assembling anti-bullying kits
- Organizing/assembling hygiene kits
- Painting school hallways and offices
- Donating blood
Many of the projects and activities are family friendly; supervised children are welcome.
Please R.S.V.P. by Wednesday, February 20 and join us in making it “a day on, not a day off.”
Questions? Please feel free to contact the Office of Student Affairs at (717) 541-3952.