Judicial Externship Program
Are you interested in learning about the legal system from the judicial side? If so, a judicial externship is just what you’re looking for.
As a second- or third-year Widener Law student on the Harrisburg Campus, you can obtain academic credit while working in the chambers of a judge, observing judicial proceedings, conducting legal research for the court, and drafting documents. As an extern, you will also participate in a weekly classroom component.
Our Judicial Externship Program offers practical experience and opportunity to improve upon your legal research and writing skills. It also provides the opportunity to gain professional contacts and references.
Former externs have enjoyed placement with
- The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- The Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania
- US District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Court of Common Pleas, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, for Adams, Berks, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lackawanna, Lehigh, Luzerne, Northumberland, Wayne, and York counties
Please consult the Externship Registration Form. Further information for Externships can be found on CORE under the Resource Tab and Externship Document file.