Search Results

Entrance and Exit Counseling

Entrance Counseling

Per federal regulations, students receiving financial aid at Widener Law Commonwealth for the first time (i.e., entering students and returning students who are borrowing for the first time) must complete entrance counseling. Entering students attend a required session as part of their Introduction to Law during orientation week. Returning students who did not attend their required session during orientation can contact the Financial Aid Office for instructions.

Failure to complete entrance counseling will result in a hold on all disbursements.

Download this helpful guide on CampusCruiser: Entrance Counseling - Guide for Direct Loan Borrowers.

Exit Counseling

Graduating students who received a William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan, Federal GradPLUS Loan, or Widener Scholar Loan are required by federal law to attend an exit interview. The Financial Aid Office schedules these in-person counseling sessions for JD students to provide valuable information about repaying educational loans. You will need to bring your driver's license and the names and addresses of your next of kin as well as contact information for the two people you will use as references.

Download this helpful guide on CampusCruiser: Exit Counseling Guide for Borrowers of Direct Loans and Federal Family Education Program Loans.

 Campus Cruiser is closing their doors as of December 31, 2018, but the portal may be available until March 15, 2019. Widener University ITS is actively working on options to house Campus Cruiser information so users outside the Widener community will be able to view the content.  In the interim, if you notice a link to Campus Cruiser or a link on Campus Cruiser is not working, please contact [email protected] with detailed information about the document or page you’re trying to access.  Thank you for your patience during this unexpected transition period.