Study abroad in Rome! Under a special arrangement, Widener Law Commonwealth students may participate in Temple University Beasley School of Law's Summer Abroad in Rome Program. Studying abroad will help you stand out in the marketplace with exposure to new legal, social, political, and cultural concepts.
Temple Law's Summer Abroad in Rome, Italy Program: May 27 - June 21, 2024
- Earn up to five law school credits.
- Enjoy the ability to travel and explore Europe.
- Build your global network with lawyers and law students from U.S. and international law schools.
Program Participation Checklist
A 2.3 cumulative GPA is required for any Widener Law Commonwealth student interested in participating in this program.
- Schedule an appointment with the Dean of Students.
- Complete a Dean's Action Request Form and submit the completed form to the Assistant Dean of Students.
- After the request has been approved, contact the Widener Law Commonwealth Financial Aid Office to discuss Financial Aid options and important deadlines.
- Follow and complete Temple Law's Rome Summer Abroad application requirements. The $50 application fee is waived for Widener Law Commonwealth students. The deadline for applications is April 1, 2024 (for those students not requiring a visa) or February 15, 2024 (for those students requiring a visa).
- Request a Letter of Good Standing from the Registrar's Office.
- Ensure Temple Law receives full payment or an approved Consortium Agreement/Financial Aid Award in accordance with any deadlines.
- Secure housing as described on Temple Law's webpage.
- Upon completion of the program, request an official transcript from Temple Law. Official transcripts must be received by the Widener Law Commonwealth's Registrar's Office by November 1.
Temple University Beasley School of Law Summer Abroad in Rome Related Links
Tuition and Cost
Widener Law Commonwealth students are eligible to participate in any of the ABA-approved Foreign Summer Programs.