The Career Development Office is here to help you develop your professional plans, lead a successful job search, and launch your career. We offer individual counseling, workshops and events, job fairs, and useful tips on everything from networking to personal, professional development.
We hope you will explore and make use of the full range of resources available.
- Review our Complete Guide to the Legal Job Search Process, covering topics from resumes and cover letters to national job fairs.
- Check out the Career Development Student Timeline, a road map for career development throughout law school.
- Explore services to accommodate students in the evening division.
- Learn about our Fall and Spring recruitment programs, welcoming a variety of employers to campus.
- Find more information on job fairs in our Complete Guide to the Legal Job Search Process.
- Look for available employment opportunities on Widener Law Commonwealth's Symplicity Job Bank.
- Read more about job search websites and other online resources in our Complete Guide to the Legal Job Search Process.
- Download the Timetable of Current Hiring Practices for Legal Employment.
- The Public Interest Initiative (PII) serves as the center for student public interest work at Widener Law Commonwealth. Through the PII, you can improve your practical legal skills while providing services to benefit organizations or individuals dedicated to charitable works, civil liberties, or public rights.
Workshops & Events
- Throughout the academic year Widener Law Commonwealth’s Career Development Office offers numerous orientations, career workshops, and recruitment events. Widener Law Commonwealth participates in numerous job fairs throughout the school year. Check the Career Development Office for postings on specific events.