Laptops to Loan (L2L) Program Policy
Loaner laptops are now available for checkout from the Widener Law Commonwealth Client Experience Office.
At this time, only Windows laptops are available. Laptops have Microsoft Office 2019 installed as well as several Web browsers. A carrying case and charger are included.
- This service is only available for currently enrolled Widener University students, staff and faculty. This is a first-come, first-served service and reservations are not available.
- Laptops may be checked out for a 3-day loan period and may leave the library building.
- Laptops may be renewed for one additional 3-day period, as long as renewal is done before the first loan period expires. Renewals may be made by visiting the Client Experience Office or calling 717.541.3908.
- A late fee of $10/day will be assessed on late returns.
- Laptops MUST be returned to a Client Experience representative.
- If not returned within 10 Days or if items are damaged, the following fees will apply:
- Windows Laptop - $2000
- Charger - $150
- Widener University is not responsible for lost data. Save all files to the cloud (e.g. OneDrive or Google Drive) or a flash drive. All systems will be wiped clean of your files upon return.
- Software may not be loaded onto the laptop computer at any time. The only exception is for Examplify.
- Borrowers must sign a Laptop Loan agreement acknowledging this policy at checkout.
For Technical Support on loaner laptops, please visit Client Experience Office during operating hours or call 717.541.3908.
View the Laptop Loan Agreement