Study abroad in Madrid! Under a special arrangement, Widener Law Commonwealth students may participate in the University of New Mexico School of Law's Madrid Summer Law Institute (MSLI). Studying abroad will help you stand out in the marketplace with exposure to new legal, social, political, and cultural concepts.
Madrid Summer Law Institute: May 29 - June 27, 2019
- Earn five law school credits.
- Classes meet only Mondays through Thursdays, and they are out by 1:00 p.m. each day.
- Enjoy the ability to travel and explore Europe.
Program Participation Checklist
A 2.3 cumulative GPA is required for any Widener Law Commonwealth student interested in participating in this program.
- Schedule an appointment with the Interim Dean of Students.
- Complete a Dean's Action Request Form and submit the completed form to the Assistant Dean of Students.
- After the request has been approved, contact the Widener Law Commonwealth Financial Aid Office to discuss Financial Aid options and important deadlines.
- Complete MSLI application online and pay the non-refundable application fee of $100. The deadline for applications is April 1, 2019.
- Request a Letter of Good Standing from the Registrar's Office.
- Ensure UNM School of Law receives full payment, including housing, tuition and fees, or an approved Consortium Agreement/Financial Aid Award in accordance with any deadlines.
- Upon completion of the MSLI, request an official transcript from UNM School of Law. MSLI official transcripts must be received by the Widener Law Commonwealth's Registrar's Office by November 1, 2019.
UNM School of Law Madrid Summer Law Institute Related Links
How to Apply
Courses & Faculty
Contact the Institute
Widener Law Commonwealth students are eligible to participate in any of the ABA-approved Foreign Summer Programs.