8:30 AM – 9:30 AM
Pennsylvania State Capitol
Senate Caucus Room, Room 156
Veterans Courts in Pennsylvania
Please join us for Veterans Courts in Pennsylvania presented by Widener University Commonwealth Law School Veterans Initiative and Lt. Governor Mick Stack's Veterans Task Force.
Participants in this program are entitled to 1 Continuing Judicial Education (CJE) credits or 1 Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits – subject to approval
Below is a schedule of events:
8:30- 8:40 Welcome – Dean Christian A. Johnson, Widener University Commonwealth Law School
Welcoming Remarks – The Honorable Michael J. Stack, III, Lieutenant Governor, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Remarks – Angela Lowry – Problem Solving Courts Coordinator, Administrative Offices of Pennsylvania Courts
Remarks - Major General Anthony J. Carrelli, Adjutant General of Pennsylvania
8:40 – 8:50 Veterans Court Overview
- The Honorable Craig T. Trebilcock, Judge, York County Court of Common Pleas
8:50 – 9:20 Legislative Panel
- Moderator – Senator Rafferty, R- Montgomery
- Senator Lisa Baker, R-Luzerne
- Representative Harry Readshaw, D-Allegheny
- Representative Mark Gillen, R- Berks, Lancaster
- Patrick Cawley, Executive Director and Counsel, Senate Judiciary Committee
- Ron Jumper, Executive Director, Senate Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Committee
9:20 – 9:30 Questions / Adjourn
Note: Members of the news media have been invited to this event and it may be rebroadcast or photographed.
Please also register to join us at Widener Law Commonwealth on Friday, September 28 from 9 am to 1 pm for a 3 credit CLE/CJE Veterans Courts in Pennsylvania: Ensuring Success for the Veteran.