Widener Law Commonwealth Veterans Initiative
The Veterans Initiative's mission is to become the preeminent and most welcoming law school in the country for veterans, service members, and military families. Through the efforts of the initiative, Widener Law Commonwealth will strive to provide veteran law students with academic, career, and financial support tailored to each veteran’s unique needs and experience.
Veterans Initiative Video
Present highlights of the Veterans Initiative include:
Core Culture Valuing Veteran Law Students
- Ensure respect and welcoming experience for veterans
- Create an educational environment that meets the interests, needs, and focus of veterans
- Nurture a campus-wide culture of respect for military service and veterans
- Celebrate the dedication of our veterans and military personnel during an annual Veterans Day program
Community Dedicated to Lifting Veteran Law Students
Curriculum Designed to Better Educate Veteran Law Students
- Teach a law curriculum useful and of interest to students that are veterans
- Provide advanced degrees, certificates, and legal training to veterans
- Host an annual Military Law Symposium
- Serve as a clearinghouse for academia on veterans and military legal issues
- Sponsor programming responsive to the veteran and military community, including Ethical Challenges in Military Justice
Future highlights of the Veterans Initiative will include:
Clinic Serving the Unique Legal Needs of Veterans
- Establish an innovative, pioneering and state-of-the-art legal clinic
- Provide specialized legal services to area veterans in need
- Support local community veterans groups needing legal expertise and information
- Teach the next generation of lawyers defending veterans
- Serve Veterans Courts and lawyers providing pro bono legal services
Partner with us to serve veterans, service members, and military families
Please contact Dean Christian Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717.541.3902 to learn more about sponsorship, donation, and naming opportunities for the Widener Law Commonwealth Veterans Initiative.
Widener University Commonwealth Law School is part of Widener University which is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization. All donations and contributions to the Veterans Initiative will be made directly to Widener University and will only be used for purposes of the Veterans Initiative.
Honor. Service. Education. Leadership.